Have you added your satellite device to your SafetyLine profile? If not click HERE
Your SPOT X device can integrate with SafetyLine allowing you to remain safe and monitored even when outside of cell range.
Before getting started make sure that your ESN number is within your "Satellite Device" section in your profile at slmonitor.com.
- Ensure that you're on the "SPOT Mapping Enterprise" plan. If you're not you will need to connect with SPOT and get your account switched over
- After switching to the "SPOT Mapping Enterprise Plan" you will need to send a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your ESN number and permission to enable the SPOT API on your account. Once completed support will send you a message back notifying you of completion.
- Once this tab has been added you will want to add the following URL under the "Data Push" section: https://deviceapi.slmonitor.com/spot
- Once completed, on the main page, select "My Devices" and then select the device you would like to configure from the list
- Select "Predefined Messages" and configure your desired preset messages. You can find a list of available messages at the bottom of this article. Keep in mind you can only have a maximum of 14 preset messages at a time.
- Once completed hit "Save" to finalize the changes
- Next, select "My Contacts" and create a contact called "SafetyLine"
- Assign this contact the email address "email@example.com". This contact will be the one you send your preset messages to in order to trigger various SafetyLine commands.
- Lastly, plug in your SPOT X device and connect to your SPOT sync software to move the changes over to your SPOT X device. You can download the SPOT Update here (User Support and FAQs | Saved by SPOT (findmespot.com).
These messages can be configured as you see fit so long as the start of the message meets the requirements. !report and !profile must be the start of the corresponding message, if they are not the command will not be picked up by SafetyLine. As an example you could change "!report-OK-120" to "!report-OK-60" if you instead wanted a Custom Check-in for 60 minutes. Another example could be "!profile-itinerary I am going to site 12" could instead be "!profile-itinerary Done at house A, heading to house B". Using this new message style you can make quick updates to all manners of your SafetyLine on the go.
Example predefined messages:
- !report-OK (Perform a Check-in command)
- !report-OK Starting my day (Perform a Check-in with some additional information)
- !report-OK-120 (Perform a Custom Check-in command, the "120" can be adjusted to a custom time that is below your default check-in interval)
- !report-END (Perform an End Monitoring command)
- !report-TEXT I am at the mine pit (Leave a Data Report within your History which can provide your Monitor with extra information)
- !report-EMERGENCY (Trigger a Panic Emergency notifying all of your Monitors right away)
- !profile-ITINERARY I am going to site 12 (Update your itinerary with current information)