Have you added your satellite device to your SafetyLine profile? If not click HERE
Your Garmin inReach device can integrate with SafetyLine allowing you to remain safe and monitored even when outside of cell range.
Before getting started make sure that your IMEI number is within your "Satellite Device" section in your profile at slmonitor.com.
- Verify that you’re on a Garmin Professional account if not you must upgrade to a Garmin Professional account.
- Once logged in navigate to the “Settings” section in the top right corner and select “Portal Connect”. Once here add this URL:https://deviceapi.slmonitor.com/garmin to the “Outbound Settings” section and save all changes
- On the main page of your inReach portal and select "Groups and Users"
- In the right-hand corner select "Add user"
- Fill in all the required fields in order to continue. SafetyLine does not utilize this information in any way, this is purely on the Garmin side of things and will be ignored when used with SafetyLine.
- Next, proceed to the "Plans and Devices" page
- Next to the IMEI, you wish to assign to the user you just created click the three dots on the far right and select "Assign device"
- From the drop-down menu select the user you wish to assign the device to you and click "Assign"
- Return to the "Groups and Users" tab and select the user you wish to configure the messages for. Once selected you should see a tab near the top of the screen called "Messages".
- From you here, you can assign three preset messages. At the end of the article, you will find examples of commands that you can list here.
- Additional you can also create "Quick Text Messages". As an example, you may create one that says "!report-OK-". By leaving the end of the command blank you can quickly populate a message with your "Quick Text Message" and add the information as it relates to the situation (Example: !report-OK-120, !report-OK-60, etc).
- Put "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the email option and hit save
- Lastly, plug in your inReach device and sync to apply these changes
These messages can be configured as you see fit so long as the start of the message meets the requirements. !report and !profile must be the start of the corresponding message, if they are not the command will not be picked up by SafetyLine. As an example you could change "!report-OK-120" to "!report-OK-60" if you instead wanted a Custom Check-in for 60 minutes. Another example could be "!profile-itinerary I am going to site 12" could instead be "!profile-itinerary Done at house A, heading to house B". Using this new message style you can make quick updates to all manners of your SafetyLine on the go.
- !report-OK (Perform a Check-in command)
- !report-OK Starting my day (Perform a Check-in with some additional information)
- !report-OK-120 (Perform a Custom Check-in command, the "120" can be adjusted to a custom time that is below your default check-in interval)
- !report-END (Perform an End Monitoring command)
- !report-TEXT I am at the mine pit (Leave a Data Report within your History which can provide your Monitor with extra information)
- !report-EMERGENCY (Trigger a Panic Emergency notifying all of your Monitors right away)
- !profile-ITINERARY I am going to site 12 (Update your itinerary with current information)
Looking for our legacy email integration instructions? CLICK HERE