Acknowledging an Emergency by Phone Call
1. Answer the phone call and say “Hello” to begin the automated message.
2. Enter your Acknowledge Emergency Code (same as your passcode).
3. Leave a voice message indicating you are acknowledging the emergency, followed by the # sign.
4. Listen to any voice messages left by the worker in emergency.
5. Follow your organization’s internal working alone emergency policy.
Acknowledging an Emergency on the Web
1. Follow the link in a SafetyLine Emergency email or text message, or navigate to http://www.slmonitor.com using your mobile web browser.
2. Log in by entering your Company ID, User ID, and Passcode.
Login using your SafetyLine credentials
3. Select the Worker in Emergency in the red bar.
Click on the Workers name in the Emergency banner
4. Select the Worker's tab to view available options and select the "Emergency" option to proceed.
Select "Emergency" found under the Worker tab
5. Type a message and select “Acknowledge Emergency” to Acknowledge the Emergency.
Click "Acknowledge Emergency" to follow up on the Emergency
**Note: When you acknowledge an emergency you are legally responsible to follow up with it.**
Resolving an Emergency Using the Mobile Web Interface
1. Once an Emergency has been Acknowledged, you'll be brought to the Monitor Actions screen.
- If you navigate to a different screen, selecting the "Emergency" tab will bring you back to Monitor Actions
2. Scroll to bottom of page and follow the step-by-step instructions which are set by your organization.
Follow the instructions laid out but your Company Administrator
3. Use information available within the Mobile Web Interface to complete the given instructions.
4. Type any comments in response to a Monitor Action taken. If you'd like to repeat a Monitor Action you can select "Repeat monitor action". If the emergency was resolved you can select "Emergency Resolved". Once you are satisfied with the options you've selected and the comments you've provided click "Submit".
Add comments and select which check boxes apply to the situation
Removing a Worker from Emergency
1. After an emergency has been resolved, the Worker is still left with an emergency status.
2. To remove emergency status, a Worker must check-in or end their monitoring.
3. To perform this action for the Worker, select their “Commands” tab and either "Check-in” or “End Monitoring.”
Select "Check-in" or "End Monitoring" to end the Emergency