**NOTE: These instructions pertain specifically to the DeLorme inReach SE. The steps below may differ for other DeLorme devices.**
Sending a Preset Message
- To begin using your inReach, power on the device and select "Preset" using the directional pad and enter button.
- Select the “Send” button next to each message to perform the following actions in SafetyLine™:
- Message 1 (OK) – Begin your monitoring and check in throughout the day.
- Message 2 (HELP) – Alert your SafetyLine Monitors that you are in an emergency.
- Message 3 (END MONITORING) – End your monitoring at the end of the day.
**NOTE: Refer to the "Product Info" section of DeLorme’s website for further clarification of your inReach device’s features.**
Communicating with an inReach Device
- inReach Devices are designed as two-way communication tools, but they require the inReach user to first initiate contact with a recipient using one of three methods:
- MapShare - Use the MapShare website at https://explore.delorme.com to send messages to the inReach device.
- Email - A unique URL is sent to each email recipient which can be used to initiate messages to the inReach device.
- SMS - A temporary SMS number is established to allow communications with the inReach device.
**NOTE: For additional instructions on settings up communications with an inReach device, please see the inReach Canada Support Center here.**