Configuring your Garmin inReach to Update SafetyLine
• Start by clicking on "Groups and Users"
• Click on "New User"
• Fill in all of the required fields in order to continue. Well, you're required to fill in two emergency contacts these will not be used when interacting with SafetyLine.
• Next, proceed to the "Plans and Devices" page and click "Assign"
• Choose the User you would like to assign that device to.
• Return to the "Groups and Users" page and select "More Details" on the right-hand side
• Once here click on "Messages" to set up the three SafetyLine commands
• Add the following three commands
- I am OK (Your IMEI Number)
- I need HELP (Your IMEI Number)
- I need END MONITORING (Your IMEI Number)
Once this is complete make sure the email configured is sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com"
- You will now need to link your inReach device to your SafetyLine™ Account. This is done using the SafetyLine™ Web Interface:
- Log on at https://www.slmonitor.com.
- Go to user settings, and scroll down until you see “Change satellite device.”
- Click on this link.
- Input the inReach IMEI and click “Save.”
• Finally, return to the home screen and select "Sync". Plug in your inReach device to your computer and allow the sync complete and you are now ready to use it with SafetyLine!