**NOTE: These instructions pertain specifically to the DeLorme inReach SE. The steps below may differ for other DeLorme devices.**
Configuring Your DeLorme inReach to Update SafetyLine
- To begin setup of your DeLorme inReach device with SafetyLine™, first activate the device using the inReach website then navigate to the “Messages” tab of your DeLorme Explore account:
- Edit each of the Preset Messages, making “email@example.com” the recipient, with the following messages:
- Message 1 must include “OK” and your inReach IMEI number.
- Message 2 must include “HELP” and your inReach IMEI number.
- Message 3 must include “END MONITORING” and your inReach IMEI number.
- Your inReach message profile should appear as follows:
- Next, connect your inReach device to your computer using the included USB cable and follow the prompts from the “Sync” tab to download inReach Sync and complete the Preset Message updates.
- You will now need to link your inReach device to your SafetyLine™ Account. This is done using the SafetyLine™ Web Interface:
- Log on at https://www.slmonitor.com.
- Go to user settings, and scroll down until you see “Change satellite device.”
- Click on this link.
- Input the inReach IMEI and click “Save.”
- Your DeLorme inReach and SafetyLine™ account have now been configured to work together.
Using Your DeLorme inReach With SafetyLine
- To begin using your inReach, power on the device and select "Preset" using the directional pad and enter button.
- Select the “Send” button next to each message to perform the following actions in SafetyLine™:
- Message 1 (OK) – Begin your monitoring and check in throughout the day.
- Message 2 (HELP) – Alert your SafetyLine Monitors that you are in an emergency.
- Message 3 (END MONITORING) – End your monitoring at the end of the day.
**NOTE: Refer to the "Product Info" section of DeLorme’s website for further clarification of your inReach device’s features.**